Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Information
Texas Healthy Hotline Arkansas Department of Health Hotline
(682) 236-7601 (877) 570-9799
CDC Hotline: Local Emergency Operations Hotline:
(800) 232-4630 (903) 255-5560
LOCAL CLOSURES AND CANCELLATIONS:
- CISA Guidance on Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers (updated 3/30/20)
- Financial Services Sector Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers
The CDC has issued a statement warning NOT to take non-pharmaceutical chloroquine phosphate. Read more about it here.
Effective March 31st, the Texas Municipal Court pay window at Bi-State is closed. Anyone who has fines or citations can call 903-798-3551 for information about taking care of them.
Texarkana, Texas Burglar Alarm Permit payments will be accepted over the phone or by mail only, no late fees will be charged. Residents & businesses can call 903-798-3900 and ask for finance to make a credit card payment. Mail payments should be sent to P.O. Box 1967 Texarkana, TX 75504. Permit applications can be printed at http://ci.texarkana.tx.us/233/Alarm-Response . Call 903-798-3102 if you have any questions.
There are scammers preying on the elderly as well. Scammers are calling and offering to come to the elderly’s home and test them for COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and some are calling and offering to mail them a test kit. BOTH of these offers are SCAMS. DO NOT invite anyone you don’t know into your home, or pay anyone over the phone or give out personal information for a test kit. COVID-19 tests should be administered by a trained healthcare professional, and are not available in-home at this time.
Food resources for those in need (choose the county where you live): https://harvestregionalfoodbank.org/food-assistance/
Local meal finder for school children: https://schoolmealfinder.hoonuit.com/
Resources for senior citizens and vulnerable populations: https://www.ci.texarkana.tx.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=232
If your employment has been effected by COVID-19 (Coronavirus): https://twc.texas.gov/news/unemployment-news
For healthcare providers, please fill out our Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScyCo8dhcQQmZJNp8993XiveAnTZCkCfU3s_4lWPJWn-qnwrg/viewform?usp=sf_link
Several local healthcare providers are offering telemedicine visits for sick patients:
- CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic – Richmond Road: Call 903-614-5270 or 903-614-5220
- Collom & Carney: http://www.cccahealth.com/for-patients/telemedicine/
- HealthCARE Express: https://www.healthcareexpress.us/virtual-visit/
DISASTER DECLARATIONS AND EXECUTIVE ORDERS:
At the time of this release, Bowie County has nine confirmed cases of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Cass County has two confirmed cases. Texarkana, Arkansas has one positive case, and there is one positive case in the unincorporated area of Miller County. Read on...
A press conference was held today, March 27, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. at the Texarkana, Texas Convention Center to provide an update on the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public health crisis. Read on...
Mayor Bob Bruggeman’s Statements:“As you know, we are a twin city here in Texarkana, USA, and while being a border city affords us many perks on a daily basis, it can also prove challenging to keep up with the laws and legality on each side of Stateline. Read on...
The goal of the local, state and national public health response is to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The overall risk of COVID-19 in the United States to the general public is low. To help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including flu and COVID-19, follow these measures:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue to cover it, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
CDC Flyers for businesses and public spaces
- Slow the Spread Poster
- What You Need to Know Info (English)
- What you Need to Know Info (Spanish)
- COVID19 Symptoms Poster (English)
- COVID19 Symptoms Poster (Spanish)
- Prevent the Spread Info (English)
- Prevent the Spread Info (Spanish)
- When to Stay Home From Work Poster
- Stop the Spread of Germs Poster (English)
- Stop the Spread of Germs Poster (Spanish)